fashion writer Suzy Menkes, to sell his own clothing line

29/05/2013 12:22


  Suzy Menkes, dean of the fashion press, said she plans to auction off some of his own wardrobe littered label at an online sale two weeks in July.

The International Herald Tribune fashion editor, regular in the front row at fashion shows of the greatest designers in the world of Giorgio Armani, Diane von Furstenberg, open calls for 80 lots of clothing on 11 July at the Christie's sale.

"I never threw something out of my closet since 1964," she said in a statement on Tuesday.

Menkes sell coats, dresses, skirts, tops, jackets and accessories as she and Emilio Pucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Lacroix has established a "grave tribes" Ossie Clark designers.

"You have to live again and this sale offers the opportunity for them to go into the sun to dance the night away and give someone else the joy that she has given me," she says.

Estimates for individual lots start at 200 pounds, with the majority in the range of less than 1000 pounds. The top lot of the sale is a Yves Saint Laurent jacket cocktail his 1980 collection "Le Soleil" estimated at up to £ 2,000.

Menkes follows in the footsteps of British designer Vivienne Westwood, fashion trendsetter Daphne Guinness, British model Erin O'Connor and Italian fashion writer Anna Piaggi sold much of his collection through a single auction at Christie owners.

The New York Times Co., which owns the Herald Tribune earlier this year, it would be rebranding the paper such as the International New York Times.